The Calcium aluminate cement is preferred over the other brands of cement because of its certain unique properties. It is usually made by reacting a lime rich material with the aluminum materials.
For some special applications, the calcium aluminate is mixed with certain aggregators just to take advantage of its unique properties. The calcium aluminate cements are best suitable for the constructions in the colder regions. The cement has an exceptionally high resistance to the high temperature. Moreover, the cements are highly resistant to alkalis and the mild acids. It is also resistant to sea water effects, sulfates and the pure water.
8 most prominent benefits of the calcium aluminate cement are as given below:
- When this cement is mixed with water, the reaction that takes place is hydration. The mineralogical components go under hydrolysis just to form calcium hidroaluminats with the low basicity and the hidrosilicats with the small amounts of aluminum hydroxide and the calcium. Calcium aluminate cement is mostly used in the colder regions and for marine constructions.
- It has the ability to resist the action of sulfur water, dilute acids, soft water and the organic substances like cresol, phenol and cresol etc.
- The use of the aluminous cement is made in the concretes that require quick setting and exceptional strength to bear the effects of harsh weather. That is why they are mostly used during winters in the regions like Kashmir, Ladakh and Shimla etc. where the temperature tends to go below 00 and the weather becomes unfavorable for constructions. That in a way was affecting the development in these regions. As for the most part of the year, the weather here remains cold.
- Owing to its huge demand in the international market, many international players are eyeing to start the calcium aluminate cement business in India. Some international players have already made debut in India in the business of calcium aluminate cement. Their decision to start the business in India speaks a lot about the demand for this cement in India.
- The Calcium aluminate has used mainly in the industries related to the steel sector, cement manufacturing, and the aluminum glass.The business experts are of the belief that the use of the steel for the construction purposes in the country is likely to increase particularly in the Government sector. As the demand for the steel increases for its use in the refractory industry, the demand for the calcium aluminate will also increase manifolds.
- The homemade calcium aluminum products will lower the prices of the calcium aluminate cement.
- The use of the calcium aluminate cement acts as a protective guard against the all microbial corrosion like sewer infrastructure. The use of the calcium aluminate is being made in such refractory concretes where the walls need to be enough string to bare very high temperatures. You have a brick kiln where the temperature at times goes above 2000C0. With the calcium aluminate cement, you are able to achieve the two desired properties one controlled expansion and the other ultra-rapid strength development.
- Due to biogenic sulfide corrosion, the pipes in the sewer networks get damaged in a quick time. This biogenic corrosion preventing property of the calcium aluminate cement makes it suitable for the constructions in the networks. The inner lining of the ductile iron pipes for waste water is made of calcium aluminum cement. Moreover, the concrete pipes meant for sewerage purposes can be made wholly of the full mass calcium aluminate cement or the internal liner of these pipes can be made with the aluminate cement mortar.
The rapid hardening of cement ensures that the concrete structure develops as much strength in 24 hours as the other cement brands in the market are able to achieve in at least one month. There is a difference between quick setting and the quick hardening of the cement. Where the Portland and the other cement brands need weeks for curing, there the calcium aluminate cement needs just 24 hours for it. This cement just needs water spray, ponding, curing membrane or simply ponding to achieve the maximum strength. The Calcium aluminate cement differs from the Portland cement in the composition, cooling and the thermal treatment of combustion.